To study this portion of Scripture, I researched online and found the following sites to contain valuable insights:
- Psalm 83
- World and Church Trends and Biblical Prophecy
- Prophecy Puzzle
- The Fatalities of Psalm 83
- Rapture Ready
- Prophecy Depot
The names in Psalm 83 include:
- Assyria, joined with the sons of Lot; (Moab and Ammon)
- Moab, and the descendants of Abraham and Hagar.
- Ammon; Zebah, Zalmunna, Midianites.
- Edom, and the Ishmaelites, descendants of Abraham and Hagar, of Ishmael.
- Oreb, Zeeb, also Midianites; descendants of Abraham by Keturah. Midian allied with Amalek.
- Gebal, a coastal city of Philistia; the ancient Byblos, about 75 miles north of Tyre, on the coast of Lebanon.
- The Philistines, with Tyre; Sisera and Jabin; (Syro-Phoenician)
- Amalek, the city of Amalek was the border-fort on the Wadi El Arish. Saul did not kill the Amalekite king, Agag, as the LORD had commanded -- see 1 Samuel 15. Amalek was the "chief of the nations" of the land, per Balaam's prophecy, Num. 24:7, 20. These hateful people also date from Abraham's time. "But his latter end shall be that he perish forever."
Are you consumed with the cares of this world right now? Or are you sensing in your spirit that God is moving and that you need to stay in close relationship with Him. These are exciting times!! Don't miss them because you are caught up in the cares of your everyday life. I challenge you to take a deeper look into these End Times prophecies and compare them to Daniel and Revelation. We are in the LAST DAYS!!