Thursday, March 24, 2011

Upside Down And Inside Out

More and more I am finding myself in a state of incredible sadness, frustration, and helplessness concerning all that is going on in the world today. It is sometimes overwhelming...often feeling as if a massive tsunami is sweeping over me, leaving a broad path of devastation in its wake.

Does anyone understand what I am saying? Is anyone with me on this?

Good people are hurting financially...many deal with serious health problems...they have family relationship issues...large numbers of people go to bed hungry each night...many have lost their jobs and homes...and for some, it is a constant struggle to face the thought of tomorrow – almost to the point of hoping the day would not arrive for them.

Today, there is greed, hatred, and corruption everywhere we look. As a whole, the world has become financially bankrupt, morally bankrupt, and spiritually bankrupt. Evil exists almost everywhere, and is now called good...everything is inside out...upright things have been cast down...and right is now left. The so-called “American Dream” is rapidly disappearing...it is almost gone...never to return.

My emotions cry out for everything to somehow go back to where we once were not long ago. I would fix it all today if I could, but I know that is impossible.

The God of the Bible is quickly being kicked out of our society. Pagan religions have rushed in to fill the empty void areas. Apostasy has entered our churches...either eliminating or diluting the Truth. The narrow way that Jesus taught as the only path to heaven has become a wide freeway - allowing anything and everything to go there. As a result, the thousands of people that die every hour of every day are dying without Jesus in their life...only to face a Godless eternity.

Are you seeing these things happening, too? Or, is my imagination just working overtime? Oh...there is so much more that must be told!

The world is about to explode with nations and peoples killing one another in war and violence. Natural disasters are occurring with increasing frequencies never before seen...bringing death and destruction from earthquakes, floods, tornados, drought, famine, and more. In addition, many deadly new diseases have emerged during the past few years. For the first time in history, mankind has the means available to destroy all life on planet earth...and some men have the mindset to do just that.

The tiny nation of Israel...God’s chosen land for His chosen people...is now totally surrounded by nations that are aggressively pursuing their goal of destroying Israel and the Jewish people. The USA...once an ally in support of Israel...has now joined with all other major nations of the world in turning her back on the Jewish people and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The God-sent consequences for those actions will be swift and sure. Of that, we can be very certain!

As if people needed any more disruption in their lives, then, ponder this as well. During the last days a one-world government...a one-world economic/financial system...and a one-world religious system will be set in place. They will be controlled by a new-world-order, and led by a one-world leader. Aggressive efforts toward accomplishing those objectives are currently being carried out by a group of the world's most powerful and influential individuals.

Are you still following along with me? Now...listen very closely, for this is most important!

While I am saddened, frustrated, and feel helpless concerning all of those things, the situation is not hopeless. My hope is in Jesus Christ...our Blessed Hope! My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. Christ is the solid Rock on which I stand...all other ground is sinking sand. Only by the grace of God, my faith and trust is in Jesus my Savior, my Lord, and the Master of my life. I am assured of victory in Jesus!

Many of the things we see happening in the world are the warning signs given by Jesus, that when we see them, we would know the time of His return is very near. Today, all of creation is groaning under the pain of those birth pangs, or warnings, as described by Him. Those who are watching will not be surprised or alarmed as they occur, for believers know they must happen. Scripture also commands that when we see the signs, then, we must look up and expect to see the King of Kings and Lord of Lords return at any moment to call for His own.

I am wholly leaning on Jesus’ Name. How about you? The time is very short, my friend. Is your hope built on Jesus, the solid Rock...or on something less? You must be very sure!

Don

3 comments:

midspoint said...

Excellent article...I am with you all the way, Don!! My prayer is that people will wake up and see their need for God before it is too late. To scoff at this is foolish and eternally dangerous. Now is the day of salvation!!

Catrina Bradley said...

I so appreciate this! Thank you!

And, yes, I feel it and I see it. My emotions are conflicted - I mourn for the hurting amidst the calamity and destruction, while I ache with joyfully knowing He is coming soon!

Don said...

Thanks Mid and Catrina!

I believe others feel and see "something" happening today, but many do not know the Truth. I pray eyes will be opened.

And, yes...Jesus will return very soon just as He promised. Watch, pray, and keep looking up!

Don

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin