Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of God!

Psalm 87:1-3 NKJV

1 His foundation is in the holy mountains.

2 The LORD loves the gates of Zion
More than all the dwellings of Jacob.

3 Glorious things are spoken of you,
O city of God! Selah

After another busy day, I finally sat down to relax and watch some TV hoping to catch up on the latest news. My channel surfing stopped when I found a repeat Bill Gathier concert performed and filmed a few years ago in old Jerusalem. It's titled, "Israel Homecoming".

Perhaps some of you have seen it before. With the music, the scenery, the worship, and with the Biblical historical and future significance Israel will surely play in the days ahead, it's very moving - bringing tears to my eyes each time I watch it. If you have a love for those things, as I do, I would recommend getting the video. It's very well done. I have both the CD and the video.

I would love to have been able to visit there sometime during my life. As a Bible believing child of God, I have a love for Israel and the Jewish people. Just the thought of breathing the air Jesus breathed, walking on the ground where He walked, seeing the sights He saw, and savoring the sweet fragrance of the Holy Land in bloom, is more than I can imagine.

Also, seeing the places where He performed His miracles, the Garden of Gethsemane, Mt. Calvary, the Mt. of Olives, the empty tomb of our risen Lord, and so much more - not to worship or idolize those places, but to simply stand in awe of my Savior, Lord and Master, Who was there and will return again soon just as He said He would.

Praise God! Hallelujah! What a day that will be for all who belong to Him!

Until then, we must pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Ps. 122:6).

Don

3 comments:

Catrina Bradley said...

I, too, would love to walk the very roads my Lord walked, touch the water He walked on, see the tomb He rose from. The thought gives me shivers.

Have you read "Walking the Bible" by Bruce Feiler? He walks through the geography of the Pentateuch, where his fathers walked, reading the Bible passages that occur where he sits. It's an amazing book.

Hugs
Cat

midspoint said...

Thank you for this, Don. I went through my novel again and did some extra research on Ein Karem... I took deep breaths as though I could smell the almond trees in bloom, hear the brook, and see the stone buildings... I pray for open doors not just for my novel on Israel, but for me as well. My heart belongs in Israel.
Cat...thank you for the heads up on Bruce and his book ;)

Don said...

Yes!!! Yes!!! Thanks for your comments Cat and Mid! Cat, I get the shivers too. It's exciting to think about.

No, I haven't read that book, Cat. It sounds very interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Don

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin